Please join me for this class on WordPress Security Essentials, Tuesday, July 13, 2010, at the new Boulder Digital Arts studio. Use discount code BDA-Instructor-2010 to receive 10% off the class.
WordPress is an easy, powerful way to build and maintain a website. This flexible, highly customizable content management system (CMS) is ideal for blogs, small business websites, online art galleries, and more.
However, due to its popularity, WordPress is vulnerable to attack. Do you know what vulnerabilities your site has? Do you know how to harden your WordPress install to prevent an attack? If your WordPress site is hacked, do you know how to recover quickly? If not, this class is for you. We will cover everything you need to know to make your WordPress site more secure, including:
- Creating and implementing strong usernames and passwords
- Changing the WordPress table prefix
- Encrypting WordPress cookies
- Locking down and moving your wp-config.php file (which contains your WP database username and password)
- Limiting what search engine spiders can index
- Installing must-have security plugins
- Scheduling backups
- Using correct file permissions
- Keeping WordPress up to date
- Recovering from a hack (restoring the database and files)
- Using caution when installing plugins
- and More!
This class is appropriate for WordPress users as well as WordPress developers. We will cover basic precautions that any level user can employ as well as more detailed technical tips.
Please visit Boulder Digital Arts for more information and to register.